Dental implants are an optimal solution for tooth restoration. Whether you had a recent injury that left you with a missing tooth, or you had a severely decayed tooth removed, dental implants can replace what has been lost.
Dr. Marilyn Gaylor has had great success in replacing missing teeth with dental implants and fixed bridges. She uses advanced materials and tissue management techniques to provide the best results.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is essentially the tooth’s new root (where your old tooth was once located). Made of titanium material, the implant is surgically placed into the jawbone for a strong, secure foundation. The replacement tooth then gets attached to the post and a crown is placed on top for a flawless, natural look.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Dental implants will look and feel like your natural teeth. No one will even notice you have an implant.
- Dental implants will last for many years with proper placement and care.
- If you have an insufficient amount of bone, you still may be a candidate for implants with the help of a bone graft procedure.
- Taking care of implants is easy–just brush and floss as you normally do now.
- In order to place implants, it is not necessary to grind down the adjacent teeth (as a dentist would do in order to place a bridge).
- You don’t have to worry about messy denture adhesives since the implants act as your natural teeth.
- Dental implants help preserve the bone since it provides stimulation that was previously provided by the natural tooth roots.
- Dental implants maintain the integrity of the facial structures. No more “sunken-in” appearance like many denture-wearers experiences.
WHY FIX YOUR MISSING TOOTH PROBLEM?
You may be wondering why you cannot just have an empty space in your mouth instead of getting an implant or another tooth replacement service. When someone has a missing tooth, especially if it’s evident when smiling, his or her self-confidence goes down and this slightly diminishes the quality of life.
Missing teeth can also compromise eating habits, making it harder to chew food, as well as speech problems. Additionally, bone loss in the jaw, abnormal shifting of the other teeth, and bite problems can occur. Lastly, missing teeth can cause unwanted premature aging.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR TOOTH REPLACEMENT AND MISSING TEETH IN ADDITION TO IMPLANTS
It is possible, depending on your situation, to get a single implant or multiple implants. Implants will provide the extra support and stability you need for a permanent bridge or dentures, too. Actually, implants are much more stable than conventional bridges or dentures.
For our patients who want removable partials or dentures, our office refers to excellent prosthodontists who specialize in these procedures.
Dr. Gaylor will recommend the best treatment option depending on the following:
- The condition of the teeth adjacent to the empty space.
- Bone condition.
- Gum appearance.
- Esthetic concerns.
- Prognosis of the restoration.
- Age of the patient.
- Budget considerations.
If you are interested in learning more about tooth replacement options, call Cosmetic Dentistry of Atlanta today. We look forward to answering your questions and completing an evaluation to see if implants or other restorative dentistry services are right for you.