Do you suffer from the negative consequences of missing one or more teeth? If so, you may be in the process of researching tooth replacement options.
Well, you’ve come to the right place! Cosmetic Dentistry of Atlanta offers dental crowns to restore your smile and to regain the functionality of your teeth once again.
WHAT ARE DENTAL CROWNS?
Crowns are also referred to as “caps.” They are commonly used permanent restorations to conservatively restore a damaged tooth. If teeth are badly broken, extensively decayed, or if existing caps need to be replaced, then all-ceramic crowns are typically the treatment of choice.
Rest assured, you are in excellent hands. Dr. Marilyn Gaylor has extensive training and experience in crown placement as she has placed hundreds of restorations since 1984.
WHAT DENTAL PROBLEMS CAN CROWNS FIX?
- Severely decayed teeth
- Broken teeth
- Replacing existing crowns
- Cracked teeth
- Missing teeth
Crowns are used to cover the abutment teeth after a fixed bridge or a dental implant is placed. They are also used if a patient has to undergo root canal treatment.
BENEFITS AND FACTS ABOUT DENTAL CROWNS
- There are six types of materials that crowns can be composed of, including: Procera® all ceramic, e.max® ceramic, porcelain fused to metal, gold, zirconia, Empress® all ceramic, and BruxZir® zirconia.
- Typically, crowns are stain resistant and natural looking for a beautiful smile.
- We are able to customize the dental crowns in regards to the shape, length, color, and bite for a comfortable fit and a natural-looking smile.
- Crowns add strength and durability to a weakened tooth to withstand the pressure of chewing.
If crowns are the best course of treatment, you can look forward to all of these benefits! If you have any questions, call Cosmetic Dentistry of Atlanta.